Monday, July 25, 2011

A view from here

I've only been here a day, but I realize that I have entered another world. What I begin to see in South Africa is that I am definately the minority. Growing up in the midwest doesn't prepare you for this. The people, at least those I've met, are extremely personable.
  Today we pack up a bunch of food to distribute to 120 families or more. I can't remeber where we do this, but I'll post it later. here's a few more photos. 
  This is the capital building in Durban. Valdene and me.
   Durban is a beautiful city. I used to think it was like Miami Beach. Now I'm beginning to see that in a way I was totally wrong. There is a great seperation between those who have and those who don't. When we flew into Johanessburg I could see the roofs of thousands of shanties below me. Much poverty, and much wealth. Africa is like America, so rich, so poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment