Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Orphanage

   We went to the orphanage in Weldebach outside Durban today. That was a heart wrenching experience. This place had running water and electricity, but not much else. They were cooking dinner outside. Chickens and goats wandered the property. In one section they had the old folks, in the other, more modern section were the children. They were so happy to see us. So cute.
   I took video of them and then showed them how they looked on the camera. They were fascinated. I wish we could do more than just give them some used clothes and candy. Pastor Lionel said they needed a washing machine. There is so much they could use its overwhelming.
   There goverment is so anxious to build beautiful soccer stadiums but not so willing to spend much money on needs......
   There's 20 more pictures that would break your heart and I am tired. That was truly an emotionally exhausing experience. I know Val and I could easily just take one or five of those little kids home on the plane and tomorrow give them a life like they will never experience. But thats not possible and it never will be because of the tangled world we live in.
   Tomorrow I 'll say more. I did see 6 monkeys playing in a tree today. I videod them. That was cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment