Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The countdown begins

We leave Friday morning. We leave Wisconsin with four suitcases full of children's clothes that people have donated for distribution to the needy. Valdene has carefully stuffed each suitcase to its max, leaving just enough room for our basic clothing needs.
The first leg of our flight is to Atlanta, then sixteen hours in the air to Johannesburg. From there we take another 1 hour flight to Durban. All in all the journey will last almost 24 hours. Wow.
I will post pictures of the Roundavel (pardon my spelling) that will be our primary residence for several weeks. It has a thatched roof I'm told. That will be another first for me. I cant wait to see the monkeys that are suppose to run loose in Durban. I've seen them on You Tube, now maybe I'll see them in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment